That's pretty much what we've had on our minds for about a week now.
We're partial to super dark chocolate around these parts but have been known to dabble in other chocolate varieties every now and then. We understand that chocolate is one of the most universal signs of love in any language. So we couldn't let Easter slip passed without sharing a lil bit of chocolatey goodness with ya'll.
We found this recipe here
And can we just say that it completely exceeded our expectations.
Perfectly chewy or gooey (we're not sure of the correct terminology but whatever the opposite of 'cakey' is, it was that). Plus the added bonus of the crunchy tastiness of Mini Chocolate Eggs.... Winner Winner, we're having brownies for dinner!
We've repeated the recipe here in a South African friendly version, as the original uses US measurements.
Get cracking peeps. There are only a few short days til Easter xx
(We modified the recipe slightly by using less sugar and dark instead of milk chocolate. So this is what we used).
1 cup butter
3 small slabs milk (we used dark) chocolate, chopped
1/2 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
3/4 of a cup of sugar
1 tablespoon vanilla essence
1/4 cup whole milk plain Greek yogurt
1/2 cup all-purpose flour
1 teaspoon salt
1 1/2 cups chopped milk chocolate Mini Eggs, divided in half
2. Line your baking tin or grease with butter (we didn't have baking powder so went with the butter greasing version).
3. Melt the chopped chocolate and butter together in a double boiler.
4. Remove from heat and add cocoa powder, stir until smooth and glossy
5. Set aside and let cool slightly.
6. Whisk together sugar, eggs, salt and vanilla until combined.
7. Add the chocolate/butter mixture to the egg mixture and stir to combine.
8. Fold in the (sieved) flour.
9. Next, fold in the Greek yogurt and 3/4 cup chopped mini eggs.
10. Pour the batter into your prepared baking pan and spread until even.
11. Sprinkle the remaining chopped mini eggs on the top of the brownie batter.
12. Bake for 30-40 minutes or until toothpick inserted into the center comes out clean.
13. Let cool completely before cutting into squares.
14. Pour yourself a glass of milk and enjoy!